Posted: January 18, 2020
Dear Noel Booth Families,
January begins an important time in schools, planning for the next school year. Kindergarten registration begins on Monday, January 20, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Here is some important information to consider:
1. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2020 (children born in 2015) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 8, 2020. Registrations received after March 31, 2020 will be considered late. Late registration may affect placement in your catchment school due to space limitations.
2. Lining up at 4:00 a.m. as some families actually did in the past is not necessary. Years ago, when Kindergarten was only half days, parents wanted to ensure that their child got into morning kindergarten because of day care reasons or work schedules etc. This no longer applies. Kindergarten is full day. If you live in our catchment area your child is entitled to attend our school if you register by March 31, 2020. Registrations received after March 31, 2020 may not receive placement in this school, your catchment school as a result of space limitations. We do encourage parents to register as early in the year as possible to help facilitate the need to hire another teacher if need be. We DO NOT take requests for specific teachers. Classes will be arranged according to the needs of the child and other concerns that balance a classroom.
3. If you are wanting to register your child in the school system and you do not live in our catchment area, you must register your child in your catchment area school first and obtain a signed cross boundary form from your catchment school principal. You will then bring this signed form, along with your registration form back to our school and be placed on a wait list. Priority of acceptance will be determined by time and date of application. It may be September before we can let you know if your child is accepted. If cross boundary families already have a child in the english program of our school, you will be treated as “in catchment” and your registration will be accepted.
4. If Noel Booth Elementary is your catchment school but you want to apply for a cross boundary transfer so that your child can attend another school in the district, you MUST register with us with all the appropriate documentation. We will then provide you with a signed cross boundary form that you can take with you to your desired school. The District will be in contact with you on or before June 15, 2020 to let you know if your request has been accepted, denied, or deferred until September, 2020.
5. Registration forms are available in the school office. We encourage parents to pick up a package and complete it at home (it takes a few minutes to complete). On registration day, January 20, 2020 please bring: the completed registration, your child’s birth certificate or passport, medical card, immunization records, proof of parent citizenship (birth certificate, passport, PR Card etc.) and proof of address (driver’s license, utility bill, bank statement etc.). If parents are not able to come in on January 20th, they have until March 31st to register.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the school office.