Noel Booth Elementary School was named after Mr. Noel Booth (1897-1979). Mr. Booth was born in Nottingham, England and arrived in Canada in 1911. After moving to Langley in 1921 he became the owner/operator of a general store in the area of 24th Avenue between 200th and 208th Streets. Throughout his lifetime he was very active in community affairs. He served as Reeve from 1933 to 1936 and from 1946 to 1947. Mr. Booth also served as an Alderman for fifteen years and as a School Trustee from 1938 to 1941.
Noel Booth Elementary School is located at 20202 35th Avenue on 12 acres of land. The first principal of the school was Mr. Richard Bulpitt, who later served as District School Superintendent. In October, 1980 the large park complex between 35 and 36 Avenue just north of our school was dedicated as Noel Booth Park. and was officially opened in March, 1983. Construction of the school began in 1981. It was opened in September, 1982 and officially opened in March, 1983.
The school had fourteen standard classrooms, a gymnasium, library and five other instructional areas, including a Kindergarten room, diagnostic centre, two special education rooms, two interior courtyards and a computer lab. The south wing of the school opened in 1991. The students enjoy nearby Noel Booth Park’s playing fields, trails, pond and two tennis courts located immediately beside the school property.
The school colours are blue and white. The mascot for Noel Booth Elementary is the wildcat.